This three day course is intended to teach the student the purpose, features, and benefits of SUSE Manager (SUMA) 4. The course will present the three-tier architecture of a SUMA System and the requirements for successfully installing these architectural components. You will learn how to deploy and configure all the architectural components of a SUSE Manager (SUMA) 4 system in a step-by-step fashion. In particular you will learn how to install and configure the SUMA Server, the SUMA Proxy Server, and the Salt Minion code for target client servers. This training will enable you to setup a functional SUMA system to begin exploring the myriad of management capabilities SUMA provides for your managed client servers Regardless of the size of your organization, this course will get you up and running with a fully functional SUSE Manager system.
Attendees should have:
- familiarity with the Linux Command Line
- at least a year of Linux System Administration experience
- and some bash scripting skills.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for those that are new to SUSE Manager. In particular for:
- system architects leading the deployment of SUSE Manager across their organization
- and Linux system administrators who want an efficient and effective way to manage their Linux servers centrally rather than individually as a bunch of separate servers.
- Introduction to SUSE Manager 4
- Architecture and Installation of SUSE Manager 4
- Setup of SUMA 4
- Installing and Configuring SUMA 4 Proxy Servers
- Registering Client Systems
- Introduction to Content Lifecycle Management