EZChange simplifies the management and maintenance of CA-OPS/MVS based automation, by automating the process of rolling OPS/MVS changes to production.
- Manual roll out of automation changes requires staff to be available during weekend change windows.
- Performing changes manually is time consuming and error-prone, which increases the outage window duration.
- Failed automation changes may be difficult to back off, if the existing automation components were backed up manually in an ad-hoc fashion.
- System changes applied manually by their creators is a violation of SarbanesOxley requirements
- MVS: Any IBM supported release
- CA-OPS/MVS: Any vendor supported release
- At least one supported data transfer method must exist between the source and the target MVS systems (e.g. FTP, or shared DASD)
ISPF-based selection of OPS/MVS items for migration to production, including:
- Rules (copied, deleted, auto-enabled, un-autoenabled)
- REXX execs (copied, deleted)
- Discrete global variables and stems (copied, deleted)
- Entire RDF tables, and/or Rows/Columns of RDF tables (copied, deleted)
- Miscellaneous elements, including OPS/MVS parms, OPS/MVS JCL, TSO start exec, and user panels Related changes are packaged together into one OPSMOD for apply/backout and tracking purposes OPSMODs may be applied to target systems either interactively or in batch OPSMOD delivery to target systems integrates with your existing migration tools, including FTP, shared DASD, and Sterling Commerce Connect:Direct As OPSMODs are applied, each one generates a corresponding "restore" OPSMOD before applying the change Changes are always applied in order, or backed off in order Maintains record of changes so that you can track the status of each change
- Improves productivity before and during change windows
- Reduces errors (no manual editing of code/data during rollout)
- Enables Sarbanes-Oxley compliance by enabling OPS/MVS changes to be rolled out by another group or automatically in batch.
- Reduced stress by being able to back off failed changes cleanly.
- Reduces cost by eliminating the need for weekend change implementation windows to be staffed