Loading Course Schedule...
This course offers writers the opportunity to hone their skills using a variety of situations and circumstances. Participants practice adjusting message tone, elements, and structure to fit audience needs, while accomplishing communication purposes. Special emphasis will be placed on responding to writing prompts in class and workshopping each other’s writing.
There are no prerequisites required for this course.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for anyone who is required to present ideas in writing.
- Understanding communication theory
- Reviewing the writing process
- Overcoming writer’s block
- Achieving your communication goal
- Organizing long documents
- Working with sources
- Challenging writing situations
- Revising quicky and effectively
- Crafting emails and electronic communication