The Symantec Encryption Management Server 3.3 and Desktop 10.3 Install, Configure, and Deploy course is designed to provide you with the fundamental knowledge and hands-on lab experience to install and administer the Symantec Encryption Management Server 3.3 and desktop client product. The hands-on labs include exercises for installation and configuration of the Symantec Encryption Management Server and Symantec Encryption Desktop products, including policy-based messaging security, manual and directory-style user and group management, and Symantec Encryption Desktop policy and usage, including for the Symantec Encryption Whole Disk Encryption product. Additionally, you are introduced to the following Symantec Encryption products: Key Management Services, Symantec Encryption Mobile, Symantec Encryption iOS Viewer and Endpoint Device Control.
An understanding of information security concepts and terminology helps you succeed in this course. Also, this course requires familiarity with networking and computing concepts. Symantec recommends that students taking this course have at least one year of information technology experience.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for those responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of Symantec Encryption Management Server or Symantec Encryption Desktop.
- Symantec Encryption Product Introduction
- Installing Symantec Encryption Management Server
- Consumers and Groups
- Administrative Keys
- Server Messaging
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Mail Policy
- Key Not Found
- Web Email Protection
- Preparing SEMS for Encryption Desktop Clients
- Configuring Client Enrollment
- Installing Symantec Encryption Desktop
- Create General Policy Settings
- Symantec Encryption Desktop Messaging
- Configuring Symantec Encryption Whole Disk Encryption
- Symantec Encryption Whole Disk Encryption Management nand Recovery
- Configuring Symantec Encryption NetShare
- Other Symantec Encryption Desktop Features