This course is designed for the network, IT security, and systems administration professionals in a Security Operations position who are tasked with configuring optimum security settings for endpoints protected by Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2. This class brings context and examples of attacks and tools used by cyber criminals.
This course assumes that students have a basic understanding of computer terminology, including TCP/IP networking terms, Internet terms, and an administrator-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is for Network, IT security, and systems administration professionals in a Security Operations position who are tasked with configuring optimum security settings with endpoints protected by Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2.
- Introducing Network Threats
- Protecting against Network Attacks and Enforcing corporate Policies using the Firewall Policy
- Blocking Threats with Intrusion Prevention
- Introducing File-Based Threats
- Preventing Attacks with SEP Layered Security
- Securing Windows clients
- Securing Linux Clients
- Securing Mac Clients
- Providing Granular Control with Host Integrity
- Controlling Application and File Access
- Restricting Device Access for Windows and Mac Clients
- Hardening Clients with System Lockdown
- Customizing Policies based on Location
- Managing Security Exceptions