The Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 3.0: Administration course is designed for the professional tasked with installing, configuring, and managing a Deployment Solution system. This four-day, instructor-led, hands-on course covers how Ghost Solution Suite 3.0 simplifies the routine tasks of setting up new computers, migrating computers to a new operating system, and moving users to new operating systems or hardware. Students also learn how to install, configure, and use Ghost Solution Suite to perform these types of tasks remotely from an easy-to-use console, saving time for employees and money for their enterprise.
Students should have a working knowledge of Windows 2012, Win 7, and Win 8.1; be familiar with network concepts, including LANs, network adapters, drivers, and network operating systems.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is for network and system administrators, IT managers, IT support personnel, and other network operations staff who are responsible for deploying new computers across their organizations, managing ongoing software and hardware configuration tasks for computers, and retiring outdated computers.
- Overview of Endpoint Lifecycle Management
- Implementation Assessment
- Implementation Design
- Installation and Configuration of the ELM Solution
- Endpoint Identification & Gathering
- Endpoint Configuration Standards
- Endpoint Provisioning
- Endpoint Deployment & Staging
- Software Distribution
- Image and Build Maintenance
- Managing Software Upgrades
- Supporting the Business
- Hardware Refresh & Migration
- Endpoint Retirement/Disposal
- End to End Endpoint Lifecycle Use Case