The Symantec Identity and Authentication Services R1 course is designed for the IT security professional needing to develop an understanding of the principles and use cases behind the Symantec VIP Service and VIP Access Manager. This class covers how to prepare and plan and implement the Symantec VIP Service and VIP Access Manager using a fictional organization called Trusted Bank and emulating real life scenarios. This course will help you understand and apply VIP strong authentication integration to provide multifactor authentication to applications.
It is recommended to have working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, LDAP-based user identity stores, HTML and network security concepts. Though not required, to get the most out of this course, you should also have a mobile device – preferably one with biometric capabilities.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is for anyone who is charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of the Symantec VIP Service and VIP Access Manager.
- Selecting the Appropriate VIP Strong Authentication Method
- Plan and Implement the Symantec VIP Service
- Secure VPN and Remote Access using RADIUS and VIP Strong Authentication
- Enhance Web Applications with VIP Strong Authentication
- Review of the Symantec VIP Service
- Introduction to Symantec VIP Access Manager
- Enhance Security and Improve User Experience Through Single Sign-On
- Control Access to Web Applications Based Upon Organization Requirements
- Enable Multi-Factor Authentication Based Upon Business Requirements
- VIP Access Manager Review
- Identity and Authentication Services Review