This course provides the fundamentals of TCP/IP and VTAM network operations to systems programmers and I/T professionals. Topics include basic networking, TCP/IP architecture, TCP/IP functions, VTAM architecture, and VTAM functions in use in z/OS.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for systems programmers and analysts that need a better understanding of the TCP/IP and VTAM environments.
- Introduction to Networking
- TCP/IP Overview
- TCP/IP Configuration Overview
- TCP/IP Customization
- Routing and VIPA
- Application Customization
- VTAM Overview
- Start Up Options and Configuration List LAB
- Connecting APPN Nodes to VTAM
- APPN and LEN Node Structure
- APPN Services
- TCP/IP and VTAM Commands