Loading Course Schedule...
The Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) was created by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) to evaluate the capability of DoD contractors to develop quality software on cost and on budget. It is now being used extensively by industry to determine the maturity of their software development process, identify its weaknesses, and plan improvement actions.The levels of maturity and their Process Areas (PAs) are discussed in depth with a strong emphasis on level 2 and 3 in both continuous and staged representation. Numerous exercises help put the model in the context of the organization by performing mini gap analyses. The course concludes with an introduction to technology transition, a mock up mini assessment exercise and the drafting of an action plan.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This three days intensive seminar is designed for practitioners who want to work smarter, not harder. Members of QA, software and system engineering, and SEPG will benefit by learning a common language and by discussing systems engineering practices that are accepted worldwide.Each student will receive a copy of all speaker foils. A master copy of the latest release of the model will be made available for reproduction before the course as well as a copy of Ken Dymond's "A guide to the CMMI".
- Results seen in industry (particularly appropriate for the management team)
- Total Quality Management origins of the CMMs
- Introduction to the model and its derivatives (Maturity levels, KPs, Generic practices, staged and continuous representation)
- Introduction to assessments and gap analysis
- Life at level 2 (Managed). Concepts and PA based exercises
- Life at level 3 (Defined). Concepts and PA based exercises
- Life at level 4 and 5. Concepts and discussion
- Mini assessment exercise
- Introduction to related concepts (PSP(SM)/TSP(SM) and P-CMM)
- Starting a software process improvement program