In today's workplace, the administrative support position is the nerve centre of business, industry and government at all levels. Called upon to increase the effectiveness of the office environment, the administrative assistant needs to manage strategies, public relations, resources, time, stress, difficult people conflict and crisis situations calmly, effectively and professionally. This workshop provides management skills vital to today's support position. This energetic, fun and fast-paced program will show you how to achieve respect as an indispensable member of your office team. In a comfortable and controlled learning environment, you will explore and expand upon techniques and methods, and learn the critical skills required to get the work done on time, keep the office running at peak efficiency, and balance work and personal life.
There are no prerequisites required for this course.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for anyone in an administrative, secretarial or support staff role.
- Attitude Yours and everyone else's
- Role and Functions of the Administrative Assistant
- Your Leadership Role in the Team
- Planning, Prioritizing and Organizing Skills
- Communication Skills
- Managing Time, Workload and Stress
- The Seven Pillars of the Professional Administrator's Job
- Advanced Skills for the Administrative Assistant
- Managing Conflict
- The Context We Work In
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Personal Action Plan
- Evaluation and Closure