This course is designed to help technical staff learn the essential skills needed to get started automating a z/OS operating system using the Tivoli System Automation for z/OS software product.
Attendees should be familiar with MVS in general, and have a good working knowledge of MVS console operations in a sysplex environment. Previous exposure to REXX programming is recommended, but not absolutely required. ProTech courses MVS Skill Pack, MVS System Operation and REXX Programming in a NetView Environment provide this background knowledge.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for automation analysts and system programmers who are responsible for customizing Tivoli System Automation for z/OS.
- Introduction to Tivoli System Automation for z/OS and NetView.
- Understanding SA z/OS Installation options.
- Defining and building automation policy, such as applications, application groups, and service periods using ISPF, for both single-system and multi-system configurations.
- Understanding NetView automation facilities, including the automation table, autotasks, and timers.
- Using REXX with SA z/OS NetView command processors.
- Operating a SA z/OS-controlled system, sysplex, and enterprise.
- Automating DB2 systems.
- Automating IMS systems.
- Automating CICS with SA z/OS.
- Monitoring and automating UNIX System Services-based applications
- Troubleshooting automation problems
- Hints and tips for successful, reliable operation