The class introduces fundamental concepts and best practices for User Experience and User Interface Design. This class introduces Task Oriented Design for web and web application design challenges. Students will use rapid prototyping software. In this class you will learn how to approach a design problem from a User Centered Design perspective. This includes designing with a UX attitude, prioritizing for personas and UI prototyping. In addition, students will learn rapid evaluation review techniques for getting feedback on the interface and including usability testing.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for product managers, business analysts, managers or designers. Anyone involved in the design process or involved in a UX project. This class is oriented toward an interest in UI/UX.
- Designing for Websites vs. Web applications
- Top 5 Web Usability best practices; Top 5 Mobile UX best practices
- Responsive web design
- Identifying users and tasks
- Approaching your design from a task-oriented perspective
- Avoiding feature-creep
- Design Widgets- choosing the right interface
- Proofing your designs
- And much more