This course is designed to help technical staff gain a mastery of UNIX and/or Linux operating systems. It builds a foundation of UNIX/Linux system structure and commands designed to develop the student's understanding of UNIX/Linux. Following the completion of this course, the student will have a proficiency in the basic commands necessary to exploit the power of the UNIX/Linux operating system.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for system/application end-users who have little or no experience with the UNIX or Linux operating systems. This course provides a functional familiarity with basic system tools and commands to those individuals with other operating systems experience.
- Introduction to UNIX and Linux
- Getting started
- Navigating UNIX File Systems
- File system security
- Additional UNIX commands
- Using the vi and vim editors
- Introduction to the UNIX shell and shell programming
- Introduction to UNIX Power Utilities
- Communicating with Other UNIX Users