Get Hands on instruction and practice administering Active Directory, networks services, migration techniques, storage solutions, and high availability technologies in Windows Server 2012/2012 R2 and Server 2016. You will learn how to configure some of the key features in Active Directory such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, Certificate Services, Federation Services, Network Services, Local and Enterprise Storage Solutions and Failover Clustering. As part of the learning experience, you will perform hands-on exercises in a virtual lab environment.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) professionals who have Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) experience, IT professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 system administrators, and professionals who will be responsible for managing storage Windows Server 2016, and who need to understand the scenarios, requirements, and storage and compute options that are available and applicable to Windows Server 2016.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to further develop skills in the latest Access and Information Protection technologies with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- System or Infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to build upon that core knowledge and cross-train into advanced Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Experience working in a Windows Server infrastructure enterprise environment.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting core networking infrastructure technologies such as name resolution, IP Addressing, Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience working hands on with Windows Client operating systems such as Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Knowledge equivalent to the MCSA credentials of Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012.
- IT professionals with general IT knowledge, who are looking to gain knowledge about Windows Server, especially around storage and compute technologies in Windows Server 2016.
- Installing and Configuring DCs
- Managing Objects in AD DS
- Implementing Group Policy
- Managing user settings with Group Policy
- Securing AD DS
- Deploying and managing Certificate Services
- Deploying and managing certificates
- Implementing and administering AD FS
- Monitoring, Managing, and Recovering ADDS
- Installing and configuring Windows Server 2016
- Overview of storage in Server 2016
- Implementing network services
- Implementing Failover clustering