This workshop provides students with the knowledge and new skills that they need to plan and maintain a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 networked environment. This discovery-based workshop consists primarily of labs that provide hands-on experience focused exclusively on the skills and objectives that align with Exam 70-296: Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment for an MCSE Certified on Microsoft Windows 2000.
Students should have an MCSE on Windows 2000 certification, or equivalent knowledge and skills.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This workshop is intended for Windows 2000 systems engineers with experience planning, implementing, and supporting a Windows 2000-based Microsoft Active Directory directory service network. The workshop specifically targets students who have practical, hands-on experience using Windows 2000 and who need to quickly learn how to leverage those skills in a Windows Server 2003 environment. This learning product is designed to train people that learn best by doing.This workshop is also meant as an aid in preparing for Exam 70-296: Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment for an MCSE Certified on Microsoft Windows 2000. Note that this exam will be available only to individuals who hold an MCSE on Windows 2000 certification.
- Perform systems engineer tasks in Windows Server 2000
- Plan a Domain Name System (DNS) namespace design
- Plan implementation of Active Directory and replication
- Implement Active Directory with DNS
- Troubleshoot Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), name resolution, and Group Policy
- Plan and implement multiple forests in Active Directory
- Use Group Policy in Windows Server 2003 to deploy and restrict software
- Use Group Policy in Windows Server 2003 to set advanced security settings
- Plan and implement secure Routing and Remote Access (RRAS)