With a focus on user productivity, unbelievable up-time and multi-platform support, Novell GroupWise 8 represents the next evolution GroupWise. In Upgrading to Novell GroupWise 8, you will learn how to upgrade your existing GroupWise systems to version 8 as well as migrate those systems from the NetWare platform over to the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server platform.
Students should have the following knowledge, skills, or experience before attending this course:-Experience with GroupWise 7 installation and administration tasks.-Familiarity with basic networking concepts such as IP addressing, routing, DNS, and DHCP -Experience with eDirectory management -Experience with the NetWare platform -Familiarity with the Linux platform
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
Upgrading to Novell GroupWise 8 is for experienced GroupWise administrators familiar with GroupWise 7 interested in upgrading to GroupWise 8, migrating their GroupWise 7 systems from NetWare to Novell GroupWise 8 running on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, or exploring the new features of the Novell GroupWise 8 client.
- Preparing your existing GroupWise system for the upgrade to GroupWise 8
- Migrating GroupWise 5, GroupWise 6, or GroupWise 7 to GroupWise 8
- Installing the Novell GroupWise 8 client
- Installing and configuring GWIA
- Installing and configuring Novell GroupWise 8 Web Access
- Installing and configuring the GroupWise Calendar Publishing Host
- Using the new features of the Novell GroupWise 8 client
- Integrating Novell GroupWise 8 with Novell Teaming + Conferencing