This course will also introduce students to the skills necessary to use File Manager for DB2 (FM/DB2). Upon completion of the course, student should be able to:
- Navigate FM/DB2 panels.
- Edit, find, change, and delete DB2 data.
- List, create, and drop DB2 objects such as databases, tables, and views.
- Import and export DB2 tables and data from and to VSAM or sequential data sets.
- Use FM/DB2 to generate JCL to run DB2 online utilities.
- Create data to populate DB2 tables.
- Copy table data within DB2.
- Set processing options for FM/DB2.
- A series of lab exercises will be used to reinforce the classroom education.
- TSO/ISPF, or equivalent experience.
- A working knowledge of basic DB2 concepts.
- A working knowledge of COBOL or PL/I programming techniques is helpful, but not required.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
Application programmers, system programmers, technical support, and testers.
- Introduction to File Manage/DB2
- View and Editing DB2 Data
- Using Templates
- Utility Functions