Many people understandably dislike the concept of office politics since it brings to mind manipulation, questionable tactics and closed doors. Yet politics need not be dirty. In fact, an understanding of office politics is a critical element in gaining resources and information to do your job. To be effective in any organization, political skill is needed.Through facilitated discussion, exercises, role play and brainstorming, this workshop will show you how to reframe the concept of office politics into a positive force. Youll discover how to use different types of power; work effectively with others; build influence; understand the political give-and-take of any organization; and maintain high integrity.
There are no prerequisites required for this course.
This course is designed for anyone who wishes to improve their work climate, build influence, or work more effectively with others.
- Why Should We Increase our Sphere of Influence?
- How Are You Being Influenced?
- How Much Influence Do You Really Have?
- Defining Power and Influence
- Understanding the Difference between Power and Authority
- The Power Continuum
- 12 Principles of Influence
- The 6 Key Principles of Persuasion
- Politics, Influence, and You: Understand your Work Context
- Politics, Influence, and You: Get Started
- Learning to Communicate Persuasively