Value stream mapping is a Lean tool that has emerged as a critical capability for organizations striving to breakdown silos, minimize waste, shorten lead and cycle times and improve flow across the IT value chain. A value stream is the sequence of activities required to design, produce and deliver a specific product or service. Before an organization can optimize the flow of activities across a value stream, it must gain visibility into how value is created. Value stream mapping provides that visibility. Widely recognized as an invaluable tool in the DevOps and Agile communities, value streams also play an important role in the newly introduced ITIL 4. This course is highly experiential and includes numerous hands on activities
There are no prerequisites for this course.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for those striving to breakdown silos, minimize waste, shorten lead and cycle times and improve flow across the IT value chain.
- Basic Lean concepts
- Basic value stream concepts
- The elements and parts of a value stream map
- The value stream mapping process
- Value stream mapping roles and activities
- Planning a value stream mapping workshop
- Data collection and analysis and techniques
- Facilitating a workshop
- Producing workshop deliverables
- Building a transformation plan
- How to achieve the desired future state