This course combines lectures and hands-on exercises that teach the skills necessary to configure the applications for a Veritas Cluster and manage an environment for high availability.
Students should have a working knowledge of Veritas Volume Manager and experience installing Network Adapters and Ethernet cabling.
5 Days/Lecuture & Lab
This course is intended for Administrators who are responsible for setting up and maintaining a Cluster environment.
- Planning a High Availability environment
- Hardware requirements
- Installing Cluster Server
- Basic Cluster communication
- Creating Service Groups
- Creating and configuring Resources and Resource dependencies
- Failover configuration
- Stopping and starting VCS
- Advanced Cluster communication
- Adding or removing a node from a Cluster
- Service Group dependencies and load balancing.