The Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.3: Administration course is designed for system administrators tasked with operating, integrating, and monitoring the day-to-day performance of Enterprise Vault within a Microsoft Exchange environment. This five-day, instructor-led, hands-on class covers Enterprise Vault’s functionality, operations and features. Additional topics include using reports, basic management, classification, and an overview of Enterprise Vault backup and restore requirements. After you complete this course, you will know how to, manage, monitor, and maintain Enterprise Vault.
Before taking this course, you must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with some system administration experience. Basic familiarity with Exchange/Outlook is sufficient, while an understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange, and Active Directory as a power user or administrator is useful.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration/development staff who are responsible for installing, operating, or integrating Enterprise Vault within their Exchange environment.
- Introduction to Administering Enterprise Vault
- Maintaining Exchange Targets and Tasks
- Managing Mailbox Archiving
- Managing Enterprise Vault Client Settings
- Managing Client Access – Outlook
- Managing Client Access – Vault Cache and Virtual Vault
- Managing Client Access – Office Mail App and OWA
- Maintaining Journal Archiving
- Migrating PST Files – Introduction
- Migrating PST Files – Performing Migrations
- Maintaining the Enterprise Vault Environment
- Maintaining Enterprise Vault Storage I
- Maintaining Enterprise Vault Storage II
- Managing Storage Retention and Deletion
- Managing Indexes
- Managing Classification
- Managing Enterprise Vault Search
- Maintaining Monitoring and Reporting
- Disaster Recovery Overview