Acquire the skills to make your data protection strategy successful with the Veritas NetBackup 10.0: Advanced Administration course. You will learn advanced NetBackup topics, including NetBackup performance, security, disaster recovery, application and database protection on physical and virtual machines, and protecting data backed up to and from the cloud. This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint, and Hadoop database backups and restores along with other modern workloads like containerized applications, Red Hat Virtualization, and Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor. NetBackup APIs, Parallel Streaming Framework, Universal Shares, Bare Metal Restore, and NetBackup MSDP Cloud are also discussed in this course.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years of experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for NetBackup system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration and development staff who are responsible for implementing new and advanced NetBackup 10.0 features and functionality.
- Securing Backup Data
- Improving NetBackup Performance
- Configuring and Using NetBackup MSDP Cloud
- Managing and Optimizing NetBackup Deduplication
- Protecting Application Data with Universal Shares
- Protecting Oracle Databases
- Protecting Microsoft SQL Databases
- Protecting Microsoft SharePoint
- Protecting Microsoft Exchange
- Protecting Hadoop Data Using NetBackup
- Protecting Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor Workloads
- Protecting In-cloud Workloads Using NetBackup
- Protecting Containerized Applications
- Orchestrating Restores of NetBackup Images
- Appendix A: Implementing Long Term Retention (LTR) using Veritas Access
- Appendix B: Configuring and Using Bare Metal Restore
- Appendix C: Working with Legacy Policies and Generic Application Backups
- Appendix D: Protecting Red Hat Virtualization Workloads
- Appendix E: Working with NetBackup APIs
- Appendix F: Protecting Databases Using NetBackup XBSA