The NetBackup 8.1.2: Maintenance and Troubleshooting course provides IT professionals with instructions on troubleshooting Veritas NetBackup software. This course covers general error detection tools and troubleshooting methodologies. It enables students to learn how to resolve issues related to the NetBackup database, devices, media, disk, deduplication, and networking. In addition, students study the functions of key NetBackup processes and learn how to enable, view, and manage the associated logs.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years of experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is for NetBackup administrators, operators, system engineers, and technical support personnel who want to broaden their NetBackup advanced troubleshooting knowledge and skills on a Windows or UNIX platform.
- Troubleshooting Methods and Tools
- NetBackup Process Flow
- Debug Logging
- Troubleshooting Communication Issues
- Troubleshooting NetBackup Installation and Upgrade Issues
- Troubleshooting NetBackup WebUI
- Troubleshooting Cloud Storage and OST Plug-ins
- Troubleshooting NetBackup Deduplication
- Troubleshooting Virtual Environments
- Troubleshooting Storage Lifecycle Policies
- Introduction to Log Analysis
- Understanding the NetBackup Catalog