The Veritas NetBackup Appliances 3.2: Configuration and Management course is designed for the IT Professional who is new to appliances and is responsible for configuring the 5340 and 5240 appliances, performing appliance maintenance tasks, operating and managing the appliance and troubleshooting the appliance. This course covers how to configure the appliances and add storage to the appliances. You learn how the appliances easily integrate into the NetBackup environment and how to run backups and restores. You learn the basics of resolving appliance issues and maintaining the appliances. In addition, you learn about reconfiguring the appliances. You also learn how to configure and maintain CloudCatalyst 5240 and finally you learn how to deploy a Virtual Appliance.
Before taking this course, you must have working knowledge of Veritas NetBackup. It would be beneficial to have some knowledge about Veritas NetBackup Appliances, networking, and storage concepts.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is for customers and partners new to appliances and front-line technical support personnel who are responsible for configuring the 5340 and 5240 appliances, performing appliance maintenance tasks, operating and managing the appliance and troubleshooting the appliance.
- NetBackup Appliances: Introduction and Overview
- Configuring the Appliance
- Performing Appliance Operations
- Appliance Troubleshooting and Tools
- Monitoring Appliance Health
- Updating Appliance Software
- Performing Appliance Maintenance Tasks
- Reconfiguring an Appliance
- Working with the CloudCatalyst 5240
- Working with Virtual Appliances
- Appendix A: Clustering NetBackup 53xx ::Appliances
- Appendix B: NetBackup 5240 Appliance
- Appendix C: NetBackup 5340 Appliance