Let us know if you would like a date for this course added to our schedule
This intensive five-day, extended-hours course gives you the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing VMware Horizon® 7 through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs.
You learn how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines and how to manage access and security of the machines. You also gain skills in application management using VMware App Volumes™ and VMware User Environment Manager™. You learn how to use App Volumes to deliver applications and data to desktops and users in seconds and at scale, managing application lifecycles from installation to update and replacement. You also learn how to use User Environment Manager to provide personalization and dynamic policy configuration across virtual, physical, and cloud-based environments to simplify end-user profile management.
This course requires that you complete the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] course or you know how to do the following: • Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks • Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system • Modify virtual machine properties • Convert a virtual machine into a template • Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization Or you must have system administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems.
Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for implementing desktop solutions
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Identify VMware Horizon components
• Install and configure View Connection Server
• Install and configure virtual desktops
• Configure and manage VMware Horizon® Client™ systems
• Configure and manage pools of physical and virtual machines
• Configure and manage automated pools of full virtual machines
• Configure and manage pools of linked-clone desktops
• Configure and manage automated pools of instant clones
• Configure and manage Remote Desktop Services (RDS) pools of desktops and applications
• Use Horizon Administrator to configure the VMware Horizon environment
• Configure secure access to virtual desktops
• Manage the performance and scalability of a VMware Horizon deployment
• Describe the features and functions of App Volumes and User Environment Manager
• Demonstrate the architectures of App Volumes and User Environment Manager
• Install and configure App Volumes
• Create and deploy AppStacks and writable volumes
• Install and configure User Environment Manager
• Manage application configurations, user environment settings, and personalization settings