Let us know if you would like a date for this course added to our schedule
This five-day accelerated, hands-on training course is a blend of VMware Horizon� 8: Skills for Virtual Desktop Management, VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration, and VMware App Volumes�, and VMware Dynamic Environment Manager�. Eight days of content are taught in five-days of extending learning. This training collection gives you the hands-on skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. You build on your skills in configuring and managing VMware Horizon 8 through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You learn how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines and how to provide a customized desktop environment to end-users.
Customers attending this course should have, at a minimum, the following skills:
• Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
• Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
• Create snapshots of virtual machines
• Configure guest customization specifications
• Modify virtual machine properties
• Convert a virtual machine into a template
• Deploy a virtual machine from a template
Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
• Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
• Restrict user activities by implementing Group Policy objects
• Configure Windows systems to enable Remote Desktop Connections
• Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database
Operators, administrators, and architects for VMware Horizon should enroll in this course. These individuals are responsible for the creation, maintenance, or delivery of remote and virtual desktop services. Additional duties can include the implementation, support, and administration of an organization's end-user computing infrastructure.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives: � Recognize the features and benefits of Horizon � Use VMware vSphere� to create VMs to be used as desktops for Horizon � Create and optimize Windows VMs to create Horizon desktops � Install and configure Horizon Agent on Horizon desktop � Configure and manage the VMware Horizon� Client� systems and connect the client to a VMware Horizon desktop � Configure, manage, and entitle desktop pools of full VMs � Configure, and entitle pools of instant-clone desktops � Create and use Remote Desktop Services (RDS) desktops and application pools � Monitor the Horizon environment using Horizon Console Dashboard and Horizon Help Desk Tool � Identify Horizon Connection Server installation, architecture, and requirements. � Describe the authentication and certification options for a Horizon environment � Recognize the integration process and benefits of VMware Workspace ONE� Access� and Horizon 8 � Discuss performance and scalability options available in Horizon 8 � Describe different security options for the Horizon environment Certifications � VMware Certified Professional � Desktop and Mobility 2020 (VCP-DTM 2020).