This two-day, hands-on course gives you the skills to install and configure a virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in installing and configuring VMware Horizon� through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You learn how to install and configure VMware Horizon� Connection Server�, VMware Unified Access Gateway� and how to establish Cloud Pod Architecture.
Customers attending this course should have, at a minimum, the following skills:
• Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
• Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
• Create snapshots of virtual machines
• Configure guest customization specifications
• Modify virtual machine properties
• Convert a virtual machine into a template
• Deploy a virtual machine from a template
Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
• Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
• Restrict user activities by implementing Group Policy objects
• Configure Windows systems to enable Remote Desktop Connections
• Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database
System administratorsSystem engineers
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives: � Recognize the features and benefits of Horizon � Use VMware vSphere� to create VMs to be used as desktops for Horizon � Create and optimize Windows VMs to create Horizon desktops � Install and configure Horizon Agent on Horizon desktop � Configure and manage the VMware Horizon� Client� systems and connect the client to a VMware Horizon desktop � Configure, manage, and entitle desktop pools of full VMs � Configure, and entitle pools of instant-clone desktops � Create and use Remote Desktop Services (RDS) desktops and application pools � Monitor the Horizon environment using Horizon Console Dashboard and Horizon Help Desk Tool � Identify Horizon Connection Server installation, architecture, and requirements. � Describe the authentication and certification options for a Horizon environment � Recognize the integration process and benefits of VMware Workspace ONE� Access� and Horizon 8 � Discuss performance and scalability options available in Horizon 8 � Describe different security options for the Horizon environment Certifications � VMware Certified Professional � Desktop and Mobility 2020 (VCP-DTM 2020).