" This three-day, hands-on course gives you the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in configuring and managing VMware Horizon® 8 through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You learn how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines and how to provide a customized desktop environment to end-users. Product Alignment • VMware Horizon 8 V2006 "
" Customers attending this course should have, at a minimum, the following VMware infrastructure skills: • Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks • Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience: • Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization • Restrict user activities by implementing Group Policy objects • Configure Windows systems to enable Remote Desktop Connections • Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database "
Operators, administrators, and architects for VMware Horizon should enroll in this course. These individuals are responsible for the creation, maintenance, and or delivery of remote and virtual desktop services.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Recognize the features and benefits of Horizon
• Use VMware vSphere® to create VMs to be used as desktops for Horizon
• Create and optimize Windows VMs to create Horizon desktops
• Install and configure Horizon Agent on Horizon desktop
• Configure and manage the VMware Horizon® Client™ systems and connect the client to a VMware
• Configure, manage, and entitle desktop pools of full VMs
• Configure, manage, and entitle pools of instant-clone desktops
• Create and use Remote Desktop Services (RDS) desktops and application pools
• Monitor the Horizon environment using Horizon Console Dashboard and Horizon Help Desk Tool
VMware Horizon 8: Skills for Virtual Desktop Management is the first half of a two-course requirement for the following certification:
• VMware Certified Professional – Desktop and Mobility 2020 (VCP-DTM 20202).
VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration satisfies the second requirement. The courses are also available as a single, bundled offering, VMware Horizon 8: Deploy and Manage, which meets the certification requirement on its own.