This intensive five-day, extended-hours course focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware NSX®. This course presents VMware NSX as a part of the software-defined data center. The course also details logical routing to enable you to dynamically route between different virtual environments. You will learn how to use logical switching in VMware NSX to virtualize your switching environment and how to use gateway services, firewall configurations, and security services to help secure and optimize your VMware NSX environment. In addition, you will be presented with various types of technical problems which you will learn how to identify and solve through a systematic process. You will also be introduced to several operational, management, and troubleshooting tools. A software-defined data center environment with hands-on labs is provided to reinforce the skills and concepts presented in the course. Product Alignment: VMware vSphere® 6and VMware NSX 6.2.
This course requires that you have completed the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course or VCA-DCV certification or that you have the following skills and knowledge: Understanding of enterprise switching and routing, knowledge of TCP/IP services and experience with firewalls and firewall rule sets.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for experienced system or network administrators.
- Course Introduction
- Software-Defined Data Center
- Management and Control Plane Components
- Logical Switch Networks
- VMware NSX Logical Routing
- NSX Edge Gateway Services
- VMware NSX Firewall and Security Services
- Cross vCenter VMware NSX
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Troubleshooting and Operating NSX Infrastructure
- Troubleshooting and Operating NSX Logical Switches
- Troubleshooting and Operating NSX Logical Routers
- Troubleshooting and Operating NSX Security Services
- Additional NSX Operational Tools