This five-day, hands-on training course discusses Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), a network architecture concept that specifies how virtualization technologies can be used to virtualize network service functions.
This course also covers interfacing VMware vCloud Director® with other systems using various APIs and the integration and use of VMware vCloud® Availability for vCloud Director®. You will also understand how to manage multisite, cross-VDC (Virtual Data Center) networking for vCloud Director and how to configure Central Point of Management (CPOM) to define a software-defined datacenter (SDDC) for tenant and provider users of vCloud Director. This course also discusses how to monitor various vCloud Director objects using VMware vRealize® Operations™, Tenant vApp, and VMware vRealize® Log Insight™.
Customers, cloud architects, systems engineers, data center administrators, and cloud administrators with experience in managed services or managing a service provider environment
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Describe the VMware vCloud® NFV™ architecture
• Describe the vCloud Director architecture as Virtualized Infrastructure Manager (VIM)
• Secure the deployment of multivendor virtual network functions (VNFs) on the vCloud NFV platform
• Manage vCloud Director to support NFV workloads in a secure, multitenant environment
• Configure VMware vSAN™ to enable multiple tiers in provider virtual data centers
• Create and manage vCloud Director organizations and vApps to satisfy business needs
• Create and manage vCloud Director catalogs
• Use advanced services to manage VMware NSX® from vCloud Director