During this five-day course, you focus on using VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™ to extend the functionality of VMware vRealize® Automation™. You learn how to provide XaaS (Anything as a Service) and implement Machine Lifecycle Extensibility using the vRealize Automation Event Broker. You also learn how to create vRealize Orchestrator workflows. Features include basic scripting implementation along with logic processing to implement a variety of functions to use in your environment. This course teaches implementing debugging, loops, conditions, and user interactions in vRealize Orchestrator.
The course introduces the new vRealize Orchestrator HTML 5 interface, along with API calls and REST functions, to give the groundwork to implement a variety of plugins and scripts. This course was designed to give you the tools to craft custom solutions in the product.
Experienced VMware administrators, automation and orchestration specialists, system integrators, and private cloud and public cloud administrators
By the end of this course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Describe the features and benefits of integrating vRealize Orchestrator and vRealize Automation
• Describe the role of vRealize Orchestrator workflows and content elements in automation
• Use the vRealize Orchestrator client to access and navigate the vRealize Orchestrator platform
• Use the vRealize Orchestrator client to import and run vRealize Orchestrator library workflows
• Design, develop, and run custom reusable vRealize Orchestrator workflows
• Integrate vRealize Automation with vRealize Orchestrator to deliver custom IT services
• Use the vRealize Automation event broker service to trigger specific vRealize Orchestrator workflows
• Leverage the event broker to extend IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-service) machine life cycle processes
• Use XaaS (Anything as a Service) to extend vRealize Automation into other enterprise systems
• Use VMware APIs to run vRealize Orchestrator workflows