This two-day course explains how to use and configure VMware vRealize® Operations™ version 7.0 to work with VMware vSAN™ 6. This course explains concepts and practical applications of vRealize Operations in reference to vSAN.
At a minimum, students attending this course should have completed the VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage [V6.x] course or have equivalent knowledge. Some experience with basic operations of vRealize Operations might also be helpful. The course presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course: • Use VMware vSphere® Client™ • Perform routine VMware vCenter Server® tasks • Configure a vSAN datastore. • Perform routine vSAN maintenance tasks.
vSAN and VMware vSphere® administrators
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• List and describe the uses of vRealize Operations when applied to vSAN
• Use the product UI to navigate through built-in vSAN specific dashboards
• Review the built-in vSAN specific dashboards for key vSAN information
• Create your own vSAN specific dashboards
• Assess performance and optimize vSAN workloads
• Perform vRealize Operation capacity optimization
• Assess policies related to vSAN
• Perform vSAN troubleshooting using vRealize Operations