This powerful 5-day class provides an in-depth look at vSphere 6.x. In this course, cover how to deploy vSphere 6.x, how to optimize it – including VMs, ESXi hosts, vCenter Server Appliance, networking and shared SAN storage… with the goal of delivering both scalability and performance. We show step-by-step how to upgrade or migrate to vCenter Server Appliance 6.x, how to use VMware Update Manager to upgrade ESXi hosts and how to use VUM how to upgrade VM virtual hardware. And, we will also show you how to diagnose, isolate and fix common problems. All of vSphere Client, Host Client, Web Client and command line tools are all used to explore, configure, update, investigate and zero in on performance bottlenecks and trouble spots. Up to 45% of class time is devoted to labs so concepts, skills and best practices are developed and reinforced. Every attendee performs one or more Hands on Labs at the end of each topic. By the end of the class, attendees will have learned practical, actionable skills in vSphere design, implementation, upgrading, sizing, scalability, performance optimization, and troubleshooting. By the end of this course, attendees will have acquired all of the knowledge and hands-on skill required to successfully challenge Certified Virtualization Professional (CVP) exam. Please check to see if a CVP exam voucher is included in the price of this course.
This is not a beginner level course. Attendees should have experience installing and configuring and administering vSphere 5.x or 6.x components including ESXi, vCenter server or vCenter Server Appliance.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This class is suitable for anyone who want to learn how to extract the maximum benefit from their investment in Virtual Infrastructure, including:
- System architects or others who need to design virtual infrastructure
- Security specialists responsible for administering, managing, securing Virtual Infrastructure
- Performance analysts who need to understand, provision, monitor Virtual Infrastructure
- Business Continuity specialists responsible for disaster recovery and high availability
- Storage administrators who work with Fibre / iSCSI SAN volumes and NAS datastores
- Managers who need an unbiased understanding of virtualization before committing their organization to a virtual infrastructure deployment.
- Install, Configure and Secure ESXi 6.x
- Virtual and Physical Networking
- Advanced Virtual Networking
- Connecting to NAS Shared storage
- Virtual Hardware and Virtual Machines
- vCenter Server and Web Client
- ESXi Command Line Access
- Virtual Machine Rapid Deployment
- Upgrade ESXi hosts, VMs with VMware Update Manager
- Connecting to Fibre & iSCSI Shared Storage
- Understand and Use Raw Device Maps
- Working with VMFS Filesystems
- Storage Profiles
- Storage Load Balancing with SDRS Clusters
- VM VMotion, Storage VMotion Migration
- DRS Load Balancing Clusters
- HA Cluster CPU/Memory Resource Mgt.
- VMware Fault Tolerance
- Distributed vSwitch Features and Scalability