This five-day, intensive hands-on training workshop provides you with advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the VMware vSphere® 6.7 environment. This workshop is aimed at experienced system administrators and introduces methods and skills that use management command-line interfaces (CLIs) and VMware vSphere® ClientTM. This workshop focuses on investigating and resolving problems, analyzing log files to help you recognize log file entries that identify root causes, and configuring specific key vSphere features.
This course requires completion of one of the following prerequisites: • VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV) • VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7](with two years production experience) • VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6.7] • VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting Workshop [V6.7] • VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V6.7] • Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server Experience in working with a command-line interface is highly recommended, as is completion of VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6.7].
• Senior system administrators, experienced system administrators • Senior system integrators, experienced system integrators
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Use the command-line interface, log files, and vSphere Client to diagnose and resolve problems in the
• Practice Linux commands that aid in the troubleshooting process
• Analyze vSphere log files and determine the root cause of specific problems
• Troubleshoot storage problems and apply the appropriate resolution to these problems
• Troubleshoot and resolve networking problems
• Troubleshoot virtual machine problems, including migration problems, snapshot problems, and connection
• Identify VMware ESXi™ host and VMware vCenter Server® problems, analyze failure scenarios or
misconfigurations, and rectify them
• Troubleshoot performance problems with vSphere components and apply mitigations
• Configure and manage the vSphere infrastructure to improve availability and operational stability