This course provides the fundamentals of VTAM/APPN to operators and systems programmers. Topics include SNA architecture, SNA data flow, and VTAM/APPN configurations and services.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
4.5 days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for computer operators and systems programmers that need a better understanding of the VTAM environment and the operation of APPN.
- Understand SNA concepts and definitions
- Examine SNA protocol stack
- Review basic VTAM/SNA function.
- Introduce subarea vs APPN networks
- Start Up Options and Configuration List LAB
- Connecting APPN Nodes to VTAM
- APPN and LEN Node Structure
- APPN Services
- High Performance Routing (HPR)