This course provides a realistic, hands-on, comprehensive coverage of developing Web services using ASP.NET and VB.NET. Web services are an evolving series of standards that enable programs on various computers to communicate with other programs on similar or disparate computers transparently over the Internet. This course teaches in detail the skills needed to program Web services using ASP.NET. It also examines the fundamentals of SOAP and WSDL essential for creating interoperable Web services.
Students must have knowledge of the .NET Framework using VB.NET and an understanding of the fundamentals of XML. Some experience in ASP.NET is advantageous.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Programmers.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the philosophy and architecture of Web services
- Acquire a working knowledge of creating and consuming Web services using the .NET Framework and Visual Studio .NET
- Attain a detailed knowledge of the building blocks of Web services, including XML, SOAP, WSDL and UDDI.
- Understand issues in the ASP.NET programming model, such as caching, data handling and state management.
- Understand the principle of Web services security
- What are Web Services?
- The Anatomy of Web Services
- Developing ASP.NET Web Services
- Web Service Clients
- ASP.NET Web Services Programming Model
- XML Serialization
- More About SOAP
- More About WSDL
- Web Service Discovery and UDDI
- Web Services Security and GXA