Loading Course Schedule...
WebSphere Application Server v6.1 Administration is a high-performance and extremely scalable transaction engine for dynamic e-business applications. WAS 6.1 provides a service-oriented infrastructure that supports the emerging practices and technologies related to Service-Oriented Architectures and Web Services. This is a hands-on, lab-intensive application server administration training course geared for webmasters, systems administrators and others who need to install, configure and maintain systems using WAS 6.1. Students will leave this course armed with the skills needed for the installation, configuration and administration of WAS 6.1 (Network Deployment Edition), and for the deployment of applications in the WAS environment.
Students should have an understanding of Web technology, operational skills for Window NT, and administration skills for a Web server. (For example, Apache or IBM HTTP Server)
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This is an intermediate level admin training course. Webmasters and System Administrators who need to install, configure and maintain systems using WebSphere Application Server V 6.1 Network Deployment Edition will benefit from this course. An understanding of Web technology, operational skills for Window NT, and administration skills for a Web server (for example, Apache or IBM HTTP Server) is useful.
- Review of J2EE
- Introduction to the IBM(r) WebSphere(r) Family
- WebSphere(r) Application Server Architecture
- Installing WebSphere(r) Application Server
- Administrative Tasks
- Application Assembly
- Application Installation and Management
- WebSphere Troubleshooting
- WebSphere(r) Application Server Security
- Working with WAS and JMS
- Advanced Administration
- Rapid Deployment/Fine Grained Update
- Tuning WebSphere Performance
- Monitoring WebSphere Performance
- WebSphere Network Deployment Architecture
- Cell and HTTP Server Management
- Workload Management