Loading Course Schedule...
This course teaches you the skills that are needed to administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V9. This release of IBM WebSphere Application Server provides enhanced support for standards (notably Java 7 EE), emerging technology, and a choice of development frameworks. In this course, you learn how to configure and maintain IBM WebSphere Application Server V9 in a single-server environment. You learn how to deploy enterprise Java applications in a single computer configuration. In addition, you learn how to work with features of WebSphere Application Server V9, such as the wsadmin scripting interface, security, and performance monitoring. Hands-on exercises throughout the course give you practical experience with the skills you develop in the lectures.
- Basic operational skills for the Linux operating system
- Basic understanding of cloud concepts, private, public, and hybrid clouds, and traditional on-premises environments
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for administrators who configure and manage web-based applications on WebSphere Application Server. Web administrators, application developers and deployers, security specialists, and application architects can also benefit from this course.
- Course introduction
- WebSphere product family overview
- WebSphere Application Server architecture - stand-alone Exercise: Profile creation
- WebSphere Application Server administrative console Exercise: Exploring the administrative console Introduction to the PlantsByWebSphere ::Application assembly
- Exercise: Assembling an Application installation
- Exercise: Installing an application Problem determination
- Exercise: Problem determination Introduction to wsadmin and scripting Exercise: Using wsadmin ::WebSphere security
- Exercise: Configuring WebSphere Application ::Server security Exercise: Configuring application security
- Performance monitoring
- Exercise: Using the performance monitoring tools ::Course summary