This course is designed to provide a solid foundation, with a comprehensive overview of WebSphere MQ, the MQI, and the MQ Object Model. The course then builds on this foundation by concentrating on the issues involved in MQ application design and development. Advanced concepts such as Triggering, Transactional messaging, Threading, Security, Segmentation, and Report messages are covered in detail. This is a hands-on course that enables students to create and modify their own server and client MQ applications.
Students attending this course should have C programming experience.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for MQ Application Developers, programming in C.
- WebSphere MQ Overview
- Introduction to Asynchronous Messaging Models
- The MQ Interface (MQI) API
- Putting Message to Queues
- Getting Messages from Queues
- Request/Reply Processing
- Publish/Subscribe Processing
- Sync Point and Unit of Work Processing
- Transactional Messaging
- Using MQ in an n-Tiered e-Business Architecture
- Tracking Messages - Report Options
- MQ Client Applications
- The WebSphere MQ Object Model
- Calling the MQI from C programs - Compiling and Linking
- Exits (Security, Channel, Message)
- Error Handling and Recovery
- Using Distribution Lists
- Message Grouping and Segmentation (Handling Large Messages)