Loading Course Schedule...
This course is designed to provide solid technical knowledge for the student to begin coding applications using IBM's WMQ. This class contains hands-on exercises for a variety of common message type programs. Application design concepts will also be covered.
The student must have experience in Java programming. Knowledge of databases or transaction management is also desirable.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for WebSphere MQ applications designers and developers working in a Java environment.
- WebSphere MQ Overview
- Introduction to asynchronous messaging models
- The MQ Interface (MQI) API
- Putting/Getting messages to/from queues
- Request/Reply processing
- Publish/Subscribe processing
- Syncpoint (Unit of Work) and Transactional messaging
- Using MQ in an n-tiered e-Business architecture
- Integrating WebSphere MQ with WebSphere Application Server
- Message-drive beans and WebSphere MQ
- Tracking messages - Report options
- The WMQ Object Model
- Java Bindings (Server) and Java client classes
- Java Message Service (JMS) classes
- Exits (Security, Channel, Message)
- The Java Message ListenerBean
- Error Handling and Recovery
- Message segmentation (handling large messages)