This course is designed to provide technical knowledge for system administrators or system programmers to install, customize and support a network of MQ managers. Three common platforms of Z/OS,UNIX, Windows) will be covered so students will know their concepts and structure. This course also provides hands-on setup and tailoring of queue managers. Since most WMQ installations have queue managers on multiple platforms, the coverage of this course will give insight to administrators the challenge and solution for such a WMQ complex. A lot of emphasis is given to the connection of multiple queue managers and the control of recovery of channels. Common problem determination techniques is discussed with examples using MQ supplied tools. The class is based on V8 and V9. This course covers materials that are required for taking IBM’s certification.
- Students must have experience in one of the three operating systems, one of UNIX (AIX, HP or SUN Solaris or Linux), or Windows (Windows 10).
- Knowledge of databases or transaction management is desirable
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for WMQ System Administrators and System Programmers.
- IBM WMQ
- IBM’s WMQ Structure
- Installation and Customization
- Operation and Administration
- Naming Convention
- MQI structure
- Intersystem Communication
- Recovery and Restart
- Clustering and High Availability
- Monitoring and Performance
- Problem Determination