This course will introduce attendees to Portlet development using Rational Application Developer 8.5 as their development platform. It will cover JSR 286 development, iWidget development, Portlet Filters, Client-Side-Aggregation and component packaging and deployment. The WebSphere Portal 8.0 theme architecture will be covered. Finally, Mobile development options for WebSphere Portal 8.0 will be covered.
Course attendees must have web development experience.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
- What is WebSphere Portal?
- What is Rational Application Developer?
- What are Portlets?
- Understanding the JSR 286 API
- Explore the Portlet Tag Libraries
- Portlets and form processing
- Portlet Preferences and Configuration
- Explore Interactive Portlet
- Introduction to Spring 3 and Portlet
- Understanding client-side aggregation
- Understanding Resource Serving
- Using Dojo with Portlets
- Exploring the iWidget API
- Understanding Portlet filters
- Understanding Portlet services
- Exploring personalization in Portlets
- Developing WebSphere Portal theme and skins
- Exploring Mobile Development with WebSphere Portal