A portal is a Web site that provides end users with a single point of access to Web-based resources by aggregating those resources in one place and by requiring that users log in only to the portal itself and not to each application (called portlets) they use. WebSphere Portal is middleware, applications (portlets), and development tools for building and managing secure business-to-business (B2B), business-to-consumer (B2C), and business-to-employee (B2E) portals.This course focuses on how to install, configure, customize, and administer IBM's portal offerings. It also covers the portal server's architecture, portlet API, and how to write your own portlets with Rational Application Developer (RAD/WSAD).
Students should have Experience with administering WebSphere Application Server 5/6.x and WebSphere Application Server Administration.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for System administrators, Consultants, Software architects and Enterprise application developers.
- Understand different offerings in the WebSphere Portal family
- Identify the prerequisites for portal offerings
- Install Portal Servers
- Customize portals
- Perform various administrative tasks
- Understand Portlet API
- Create portlets with RAD/WSAD
- Planning and Installation
- Getting to Know Portals
- WebSphere Portal Customization
- Administering Portlets
- Portlets and Web Services
- Administering Portal Settings
- Managing Users, Groups and Security
- Content Management
- Developing Portlets