Loading Course Schedule...
The ability to effectively write reports and memos i.e. put your thoughts into a formal document, is an important skill that differs from the ability to write quick emails and other informal documents. This course will help you write more effectively, and maximize the time you spend writing to achieve results. This course includes a writing exercise where participants will have the opportunity to get constructive feedback from the instructor.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.
Audience analysis and identifying need
- How reports and memos differ from emails and other documents
- Structuring your document
- Using an outline to write your report or memo
- Best Practices for improving reading ease
- Using simple language
- Organizing your information in a logical flow
- Writing assignments with feedback – participants complete a short writing assignment and receive feedback from the instructor.