This course dscribes how to write CGI programs that interact with a web page in COBOL.
Experience in coding / maintaining COBOL programs; current knowledge of COBOL, such as might be obtained from attending course D704: "Enterprse COBOL Update I - Essentials". Familiarity with z/OS UNIX such as might be obtained from attending U510: " Introduction to z/OS UNIX" and U520: "Developing Applications for z/OS UNIX". Familiarity with developing a website using the IBM z/OS HTTP server, such as might be obtained with attending U518: "You and z/OS and The World Wide Web"
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is for students who have knowledge of COBOL, CGI basics, and Web fundamentals.
- General Program Structure and Techniques
- Basic Processing
- Handling GET Requests
- The Data Connection - Part I: The Story
- The Data Connection - Part II: Working With VSAM Data
- The Data Connection - Part III: Working With DB2 Data
- Hidden Controls and cookies
- POST Requests
- Handling Files Sent by POST
- Working With Unicode Data
- Submitting jobs from a CGI