Loading Course Schedule...
The course teaches students the skill necessary to use Xpediter to debug batch COBOL programs. Students learn to modify their Xpediter session setup panels to enable batch COBOL program execution. Students then debug a batch COBOL program to explore the following features of Xpediter:
- Primary and line commands.
- Step through the flow of a program.
- Change the flow of a program.
- Examination and modification data during program execution.
- Restarting an Xpediter test session.
- Adding COBOL instructions as needed
- TSO/ISPF, or equivalent experience.
- Six months of COBOL programming.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
COBOL Programmers and analysts who must use Xpediter as a tool to help analyze and debug batch COBOL programs execution under TSO.
- Introduction to Xpediter/TSO
- Customizing the Xpediter Environment
- Xpediter Utilities
- Preparing a Program for Xpediter/TSO
- Preparing JCL for Xpediter/TSO
- Starting an Xpediter/TSO Debug Session
- Using Breakpoints
- Displaying and Modifying Data
- Conditional Breakpoints
- Altering Program Flow
- Testing subroutines
- Using scripts
- Using the Batch Connect Facility