This course is designed to help MVS system programmers understand, install, maintain, and support z/OS UNIX System Services and software running on top of UNIX System Services.
The student should have attended the Introduction to z/OS UNIX course or have equivalent familiarity with end user UNIX commands and access to UNIX on z/OS. The student should also be familiar with z/OS architecture and systems programming.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for technical staff who are responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and tuning IBM mainframe computer systems running z/OS.
UNIX Background and Basics
- z/OS UNIX Architecture & System Programming
- Understanding the zSeries File System
- Understanding z/OS UNIX Security
- Customizing and Using Shells
- Setting up UNIX Daemons
- z/OS UNIX Operation
- z/OS TCP/IP Stack
- z/OS Web Server
- z/OS UNIX Performance Tuning
- Intro to UNIX Application Development
- Debugging & Diagnosing UNIX Problems
- Shell Programming Essentials (optional topic)
- Using REXX with UNIX System Services (optional topic)