This course provides users with a general understanding of the UNIX system and teaches the basic skills for using it, as well as how UNIX is set up, accessed and used on z/OS. Emphasis is on providing hands-on practical experience with the basic UNIX facilities on an z/OS operating system.
The student should have basic end-user knowledge of Windows as well as knowledge of z/OS.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for those interested in gaining an understanding of z/OS's UNIX System Services, its commands and file structures.
- Intro to z/OS UNIX System Services
- UNIX Essentials
- Accessing UNIX System Services
- z/OS UNIX System Operation
- z/OS UNIX System Administration
- z/OS UNIX Application Development